Message from a Cancer Thriver

 

 Message from a Cancer Thriver




Introduction: On New Year 2024,  I received the following message from a close friend who is a Cancer thriver. I asked and received permission to post it on my blog since it was genuinely heartwarming and uplifting. Thank you, my dear friend. Know that you are in my daily prayers. God Bless - Kieran


Dear Kieran,

As we approach the end of 2023, I find my heart overflowing with gratitude and emotion as I reflect on the past year. I am writing to you today with a heart full of thanks for your unwavering love, prayers, and blessings that have sustained me through the most challenging time of my life.

Dealing with my third bout of cancer has been an arduous journey, one that has tested my strength and resolve in ways I never imagined. However, through it all, I have been lifted by the immense outpouring of support and kindness from each and every one of you. Your prayers have been a source of comfort, and your blessings have filled my days with hope and courage.

I had a ten-hour surgery and I have come out of it happily and had almost three months of recovery. I am now on a one-year immunotherapy treatment for one year every two weeks I have to do blood tests and see my oncologist before the treatment which is only about 90 minutes if they find my veins easily.

I can do most things like driving shopping, going to church, cooking etc. The only new change is eating. I have only half my stomach and two-thirds of my food pipe so the distance between my stomach and throat is very short and no valve to prevent food from the stomach from coming back.

So I have to rely on gravity for my food to go down. I eat slowly and only one cup of food every three hours. I cannot drink liquids with my food only one hour before or one hour after. I have to sleep elevated to prevent regurgitation so I eat latest by 5.30 pm.

I'm getting used to this new way of life and it's wonderful that I can do so much after three cancers.

I want you to know that your presence in my life has been a beacon of light during the darkest of times. Your unwavering support has given me the strength to face each day with a renewed sense of determination and optimism. Your kindness and empathy have touched my soul in profound ways, and I am deeply grateful for the love that you have showered upon me.

As I look ahead to the new year, I carry with me the immense warmth of your friendship and the power of your prayers. Your collective love has been a healing balm for my spirit, and I am profoundly thankful for each and every one of you.

May the coming year be filled with boundless joy, health, and prosperity for all of us. As we step into 2024, I carry your love in my heart, and I look forward to the days ahead with renewed hope and gratitude.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for being the incredible friend that you are. Your prayers and blessings have made a world of difference to me, and I am forever indebted to your kindness.

With love, deep appreciation and overflowing gratitude,
Your friend XXX

Comments

  1. Ashwin PanemangaloreJanuary 6, 2024 at 8:06 PM

    The strength which comes from within when faced with adversity is built from a very young age when we take on challenges in different fields and thrive on the fun of overcoming them, face competition in later life and overcome it with effort
    Your friend’s ability to adjust to his new environment and be positive
    is perhaps due to his having built that courage from early on
    All the best to him

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep conversations courteous and on-topic. Kindly don’t engage in trolling, flame-baiting, name-calling, insulting, stereotyping or gratuitous attacks. Thank you for being a good citizen.

Popular posts from this blog

Bacher Baba

The unstoppable Rev. Fr. Romuald D'Souza SJ

Fr H O Mascarenhas